Who built Storage Cabinets / Lockers

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Magic Time
1st mate
1st mate

Who built Storage Cabinets / Lockers

Post by Magic Time »

Would anyone be able to tell me who built the Storage Cabinets / Lockers for the PDQ's when the company was in Whitby. Or a recommendation of a cabinet maker in the GTA.(Toronto).
Thanks DL
James Power
admiral
admiral

Re: Who built Storage Cabinets / Lockers

Post by James Power »

Hey Magic Time,

We made almost every cabinet in house at PDQ. Let me know what you are after as I have a complete wood shop and can make whatever is needed. I'm located 1 1/2 hours north of Toronto. James
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

James,

What wood and finish did PDQ use? I have 32 #9 and I've been having a hard time matching the finish on the table and some of the cabinets.

Thanks

Tom
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey Tom,

The wood in the 32's was all cherry. The finish on the early boats was a brush applied, Flecto Varathane, satin finish. There may have been the odd boat where a new coating or application was tried, but chances are it was Flecto. Sanding the woodwork down to raw wood will cause a large colour change because the surface of the cherry darkens as it ages. After refinishing, the fresh wood will match the old but will take a bit of time, depending on U.V. exposure.

Hope this helps. James
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

Thanks