Hammock Locations

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
kd5ddo
deckhand
deckhand

Hammock Locations

Post by kd5ddo »

Over the past three years of travelling/hosteling, I have fallen in love with hammocks. Are there any specific location where slinging up a hammock is preferred on the 32?

I've seen photos of mast-forestay, between the davits, end of boom-shroud, etc setups on other boats, but I was wondering if anyone has any sweet spots on the 32 to set one up.

Suggestions?
Please check out my travelog at http://20in20travels.com
amytom
admiral
admiral

Re: Hammock Locations

Post by amytom »

Mast to forestay is my favorite.
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

When we had our 36, we would use a single point tie hammock. Tied it off to the spinnaker halyard and the furled jib. really nice.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
Loki
skipper
skipper

Post by Loki »

Like Tanah-Keeta, we use a hammock-chair hanging from the Spinnaker halyard. It clips onto the forestay using the ATN Tacker we got for the asym-spinnaker. The halyard attachment includes a triple loop of shock-cord, so its known as the "bouncy-chair." Two kids can fit in and be bounced and twirled for hours.
Jeff Morris, Loki 36072
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Post by chicagocat »

I do something completely different. At anchor (as long as it's calm) I string a hammock between the hulls of my 36 at the bow. There are the stainless bow plates that protect the front of each hull. Each one has a ring welded into it. String the hammock between these and relax with your butt about 10 inches above the water. Relaxing and cool. Just don't do it in a wavy anchorage or you'll get pretty wet.
PDQ 36052 - 1996 LRC - "Anne Z" - Chicago
and 2001 PDQ 36 Classic (Tall Rig)- "Cat Tales" - Punta Gorda, FL