No more 36???

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
doubledutch
admiral
admiral

No more 36???

Post by doubledutch »

Per the PDQ website it seems the 36 has joined the 32 in being sidelined. I don't know what the PDQ folks have planned but it would be a shame to see them leave this market. I think the market place needs a quality cats in the under 40 foot range and I don't think anyone has offered better products than PDQ in this sector.
Perhaps it's time for a new model? I suspect a design that incorporated the best features of both the 32 and the 36 might get some serious interest.
Morgank6
deckhand
deckhand

Wow

Post by Morgank6 »

I just noticed that too, anyone know if they plan on introducing something new to go along with the 44, or is that going to be their entire sailing line for the foreseeable future?

-Morgan
ELIXIR
1st mate
1st mate

Post by ELIXIR »

Recently advised by dealer PDQ is discontinuing the 36. Dealer considered the design dated & apparently orders have been falling off. Not clear whether or when there will be a replacement design for smaller cat less than the current 44. Right now 90% of the production is the Powercat 34 and there is a large Powercat in the works as well.
Passage Back
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Passage Back »

I was at the PDQ factory last Thursday to inspect our new cat (36099) which may well be the last 36. The shop was full of MV34's, one 44 and one other 36 (36098). PDQ seemed unsure about future sales of the 36 but my guess is that if they cannot get more than 2 orders each year, they will not build anymore 36's.
sailors3
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ 36

Post by sailors3 »

I know I'm late to this discussion, but as of July Simon at PDQ says they MIGHT make a 36 as a custom order but it is being discontinued. He sighted the age of the design and falling sales.
My understanding is that next on thier list is a larger, 40' or so, power cat and then a larger, 50' or so, sailing cat. He said they do plan to continue the 34 and 44 they are making now for the forseeable future.