looking for a cat

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
danclearycat
deckhand
deckhand

looking for a cat

Post by danclearycat »

Why PDQ? I am a usedtobe mono sailor, have been ashore too long and looking for the "right" boat ... which is OBVIOUSLY a cat. The few PDQ's I have seen look great but I have an imense amount of ignorance. Would appreciate any input and comparisons to others if you have had the experience. I am solo and want a reasonable saloon and a bed that's not in a cave.

In peace,
Dan Cleary
(561) 863-1334
danclearyhypnosis.com
email: dancleary@juno.com
doubledutch
admiral
admiral

cat selection

Post by doubledutch »

I switched from mono sailing to cat sailing a year ago. When I set out to create a short list of catamarans in the 30 to 36 foot range that had good sailing ability, good accomodations, and were reasonably nice to look at. I had trouble creating a list longer than about 5 choices and of course two of the 5 were PDQ. After a couple test sails and a little more study my list shrank to a choice of the PDQ32 or the PDQ36.
Given my sailing venue -the great lakes - and given that most of the time there would only be two of us on board we went for the 32.
I would recommend you get a copy of Charles Kantor's book "Cruising in Catamarans" - you will find it very usefull in gaining an understanding of catamarans and what to look for when you are shopping. The book also contains reviews of most of the boats you might consider.
Half Moon 36073
deckhand
deckhand

LOOKING FOR A CAT

Post by Half Moon 36073 »

There is absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for a test charter. After a week on our first choice catamaran we began to search anew. Found a PDQ 36, chartered a sistership, bought the PDQ. No regrets. Alex Kehayes 36073.