PDQ contact

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
next exit
skipper
skipper

PDQ contact

Post by next exit »

It seems that Laurie is no longer at PDQ, or her email address has changed.

Would like the name and address of the new contact for Q&A.

Don Wilson

Next Exit
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Post by chicagocat »

Hi,

Well, I was working with Laurie on getting a new emergency tiller fabricated when she left.

When I call now, they direct me to a guy named Chris Culver who now handles customer service.

Problem is, I've left a couple messages and haven't heard back from him.
PDQ 36052 - 1996 LRC - "Anne Z" - Chicago
and 2001 PDQ 36 Classic (Tall Rig)- "Cat Tales" - Punta Gorda, FL
sailors3
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ Contact

Post by sailors3 »

Never dealt with Laurie, but Chris is a good guy but probably a little swamped right now. IN the last 3-4 months PDQ has lost a good number of employees for various reasons and a seem to be very short handed and have people trying to do jobs that they have not done before. As one whose boat is just beginning construction it is a little unsettling. I'm hoping they get these problems resolved soon.
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Post by chicagocat »

Thanks for the info.

A couple people I've dealt with in the last few months have left also.

I'm not interested in rumor-mongering, but is there any reason for this? Any reason to worry?
sailors3
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ Contact

Post by sailors3 »

That's a good question. When I talk to Rob or Chris they have said some left to pursue other interests (one guy was going cruising himself), one (Vicki) due to family issues, one (quality control) because she got a much better job offer. Having been in business myself for many years I'm not too concerned. Sometimes people leaving is a good thing, in that it gives you the chance to retrain people. Unfortunatly sometimes you lose really good people and that hurts, for a while, but I think the company is solid. I do think they have had production slow downs and some quality control issues on the last couple of boats, and that concerns me. As a buyer however you do get concerned when the people you have been dealing with during the decision process leave.
next exit
skipper
skipper

Post by next exit »

Thanks for the responses. Now does anyone have a direct email address for Chris.

Don
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Post by chicagocat »

Hi Don,
I don't. I've just been using the phone. But since laurie's email was landrews at pdqyachts.com, I would assume they use a first intitial/last name convention for email. So give it a try and see if it bounces or not.
salwa
Site Admin

Post by salwa »

Hi,

The person in charge of warranty issues and technical questions is Chris Calver. He would be more than happy to help out.

Chris' email address is: engineering@pdqyachts.com or call 1.888.297.2287
...be adventurous
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi,

we are a recent purchaser of a USED pdq and chris went over and above to help us with "teething" problems.

if chris isn't SWAMPED he will try to help you.

if he IS swamped, then maybe you need to be concerned.

john & diane cummings
duetto mv34
Dan White
admiral
admiral

PDQ Contact

Post by Dan White »

I had a warranty problem. Originally Lynne was handling it, but turned it over to Chris, so I was worried. However, he was VERY helpful and responded very quickly and thoroughly. This was resolved to my complete satisfaction last week.
ELIXIR
1st mate
1st mate

Post by ELIXIR »

Chris Calver's email is engineering@pdqyachts.com. Chris is one of the original designers there and you are correct has had to take on several jobs as others left. As a recent PC34 purchaser I had some intiial problems getting to Chris but none since and found him responsive and informative.
There are holes in their staff right now and the reasons varied but it has slowed things down obviously. For new boat purchasers have no quality control person could be troublesome. Strongly recommend you fly up close to the end of your boat's production and do a careful detailed inspection. Mistakes get made by any builder but my experience with PDQ was they are quick to correct them.
sailors3
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ Contact

Post by sailors3 »

All of your responses are reassuring. Which brings up the question I posted on another forum...did anyone have a survey done either during production or immediately after? If so, did it help? Who did you use? Etc.
Any information would be appreciated.
Rejoice
1st mate
1st mate

Contact at PDQ

Post by Rejoice »

We have had a couple of issues on MV/34-51 the last few months as well as many questions that arose because of a Power Squadron course on marine electronics I took. I emailed all questions to Chris. He was superb in the quickness of his responses and his follow up. He even called me a couple of times, rather than rely on email. No boat company is going to be perfect, but Annie and I have found the now 16+ month experience with PDQ to be about as good as one can expect.

In contrast, if I may digress, the rep of a Kentucky huge houseboat company was showing the new owners how to run their boat two weeks ago Friday. As Anne and I watched, the rep blithely ran the darn thing into the dock, doing about $30,000 worth of damage.plus punching a hole in the bow of the brand new boat..... I'll stick with PDQ.
Anne & Dave Mensel
Rejoice
PDQ MV/34-51
Nashville, TN
ELIXIR
1st mate
1st mate

Post by ELIXIR »

chris calver....try engineering@pdqyachts.com and leave a voice message as well.