New 36 Capella Owners

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

New 36 Capella Owners

Post by Cat Tales »

We are the proud owners of our new "used" cat, Cat Tales (formally "Highlander"). We have thouroughly enjoyed the pleasure of her so far, even after being stranded 20 miles off the coast of Ft. Pierce with both engines failing, (including the dingy engine). Thank goodness we bought a sailboat! :lol: We have also experienced the joy of a water tank leak, a bent rudder, and a new bottom paint job! The joys of owning a boat! We would like to thank all of you who take part in the forum for the wealth of information you have provided for us. Oh did I also mention, we have had the immense pleasure of preparing and encountering our first hurricane (Katrina).

We wouldn't trade the experiences or the memories we have made or plan to make in the coming years. We look forward to the many conversations we will surely have with many of you.

Regards,
Chris & Kelly
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
next exit
skipper
skipper

Post by next exit »

Welcome aboard.

Hope you have joined the association.

Don
Next Exit
Vernon Mealey
deckhand
deckhand

New owners

Post by Vernon Mealey »

Hello Chris & Kelly

I recently purchased Distant Music and had a few problems as well, I guess that is why they call them used boats. My wife and I live in the Coral Springs area and keep our boat in Miami. I have made several changes to the boat myself such as AC, elec. head and pressurized water system and we are now enjoying the boat tremendiously on Biscayne Bay (apologies to all of the blue water cruisers out there ). I hope you have finished with your discoveries in regards to problems and enjoy your boat as much as we do ours. Good luck and congratulations.

Warm regards Aura & Vernon
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Thank you Aura & Vernon,

The experience of the repairs, along with the owner's forum, have allowed us to learn about every aspect of the boat in great detail. We have also joined the Owner's Association & recommend it to everyone in order to keep this "family" support network alive. Now with the repairs completed we are outfitting her with the conveniences & safety gear for some blue water cruising this winter.

We dock Cat Tales on the New River in Ft. Lauderdale and would love to meet up with both of you (and anyone else in the PDQ family). You can reach me directly at grkchrist@aol.com. Good luck to you as well with Distant Music.

Regards,
Chris
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
next exit
skipper
skipper

Post by next exit »

And I look forward to meeting both have you. I have spent many hours on both boats.
Next Exit winters in Titusville to where I will be heading late Oct. to prepare for my annual Bahamas migration At least, that is the plan.

Don Wilson
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

And Lady of the Lake (was Technocat) is in Melbourne, FL also on the east coast. I guess there are more PDQs on the FL east coast than I realized.

Sam and Gina
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Oh Sea Dee
deckhand
deckhand

Our two cents

Post by Oh Sea Dee »

We're Ted and Mili Cook from Cooper City. Our boat, 32035, is kept at North Bay Village in north Biscayne Bay. We purchased our 32 last November and brought her home from Annapolis, MD.

I'm gathering information about bottom painting and other maintenance performed during haulout. I'm planning this work for October or early November. Please pass on your advise.
We should plan a PDQ weekend this winter.
Our e-mail is: tcook101@juno.com
Ted Cook
ATTITUDE
skipper
skipper

Post by ATTITUDE »

Dear Chris & Kelly:

Welcome!

Our new (used) Capella ATTITUDE (formerly MOJO) is also on Florida's east coast. We are in Hobe Sound.

Wondering if any PDQ folks are going to the SSCA gathering in Melbourne this Nov?

Doug & Jeannie
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

We have a great island spot up here in Melbourne for anyone that is going to attend the SSCA gathering. Maybe we can arrange an overnight at the island (marker 21, a mile or two south of the Melbourne Causeway). There is a nice deep hole on the leeward side. Lets see how many PDQs we can get in there.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL