SSCA - Melbourne

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
next exit
skipper
skipper

SSCA - Melbourne

Post by next exit »

Thought I'd start this one fresh.
I expect to be there by car. Next Exit in Titusville will still be one the hard.
Would love to meet the old and the new.

Don Wilson
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

SSCa

Post by Kokomo »

We'll be there by boat (weather permitting).
Roger and Bonnie
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Lady of the Lake has her home in Melbourne (Neshamah with her new owner is also here). I would love to have a PDQ gathering if we can pull it off. I have never hosted such an event but would be willing to do what I can. There is a great island/cove just less than 10 miles south of the event that makes for a great day or night stop. Also, my marina is tucked away inside the Eau Gallie River basin and although deeper draft vessels cannot anchor off the channel, there is lots of space for several PDQs within the anchorage. Very well protected, good holding, dinghy access to a local park/boat ramp and two marinas (although no fuel, that is down the ICW about two miles). If this sounds good, lets see if we can get something together. sdensler@mac.com
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

I have gotten no response regarding a raft up or gathering during the SSCA GAM so I will offer the following. If anyone is looking for a cozy anchorage near the GAM, drop in to the Eau Gallie River Basin. I have posted the appropriate portion of the nautical map at:

http://www.islandfx.com/ssct/EGRiverBasin.jpg

The SSCA gathering is just north of the bridge on the west side of the ICW. My marina is tucked in the Eau Gallie River basin just south of the bridge also on the west side of the ICW at SM 915. Follow the channel markers in, watching the red at the entrance and the green at the point by the boat ramp. Once inside the river and past the park, anchor anywhere outside the channel, there is plenty of room especially on the south side. From there you can dinghy to the park, to the Eau Gallie Yacht Basin, or in to my marina, deepest into the river before the highway bridges. If you do come in, look for me at the northernmost dock and you can tie up between my PDQ and the Prout or anywhere on that dock that you can find room. If you leave the marina and rerturn after 6pm, I will need to get you back in with a key. I can provide local transportation if you need parts/supplies and local knowledge for anyone who is interested. Email me or call me on my cell at 321-794-5975 if you think you might stop by. I hope to see a few PDQs in the harbor.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Melbourne

Post by Kokomo »

We've been held up 5 days in Manteo, NC and two days more (so far) in Ocracoke, due to weather. And what will Hurricane Wilma bring?

So, we may not make Melbourne after all. But, we'll let you know when were in the area so, maybe, we can meet you...
Roger and Bonnie