boat insurance

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Free Spirit
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Free Spirit »

We live in South Florida on the eastern side. I got boat insurance from Progressive 2 months ago at a decent rate. No trouble at all.

Tom and Mari
Free Spirit
PDQ 36
ATTITUDE
skipper
skipper

Post by ATTITUDE »

In 2004, we lost our 38' Irwin as a result of Francis and Jean. Our company then was One Beacon.

In early 2005 we purchased our Capella. We were pleasantly surprised - our premium decreased with Progressive even though the value of our boat significantly increased!

Of course, now with Wilma...

Doug & Jeannie
s/v ATTITUDE
Hobe Sound, FL
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

We insured with Allstate about 3 years ago. They were great on the hurricane Charley claim and the rates are very good but I don't know if they are still writing new boat policies.
Chet
Allezcat 36010
Oh Sea Dee
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Oh Sea Dee »

We live in S. Florida. 12 months ago we purchased our 32. We found that State Farm does not write policies on vessels that are kept in the water in coastal areas. Allstate stopped writing policies for boats during the 2004 hurricane season and still has a freeze on. We insured our boat with Progressive, who continues to write policies. As we have written on the Forum, our boat was totaled due to Wilma. Progressive took good care of us, and we are very thankful for that.
Ted Cook
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Paul Phaneuf at Allstate Floridian in St. Pete, FL at 813-353-0303. Exceptional service, fully covered the total loss of our Endeavour 37 after Frances and wrote us a very fair policy on our PDQ36.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
leehenderson
deckhand
deckhand

boat insurance

Post by leehenderson »

:D I have had my PDQ 36 hull #14 insured since I bought it in 1992 and I live on Marco Island Florida, ground zero for Wilma. I have had no claimes. My agent is USAA, and I pay $1,800 yearly.
Lee Henderson, Marco Island, FL