Oh Sea Dee update

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Oh Sea Dee
deckhand
deckhand

Oh Sea Dee update

Post by Oh Sea Dee »

It's been over 5 weeks since Hurricane Wilma blew through S. Florida. Here is the update/outcome that I promised.
Our insurance company, Progressive, has treated us well though I had to call at least once a week to keep the wheels turning. We were notified 2 days ago of the decision by two adjusters that Oh Sea Dee is a total loss. Their words were, "extensive structural damage". Today I exchanged the vessel title for a check. While I am glad that we do not have to endure the lengthy process of a major repair, it's sad that our dream boat has been taken away.
We have every intention of replacing our 32, but I've had to promise my sweetheart that I'll first make major headway at getting our house back in good repair. Let's see - roof, front door, and screened back porch vs. finding a new sailboat. And Mili says my priorities need adjustment.
We hope to be back on the water by summer. Thanks to all for your thoughts and notes of concern.
Ted Cook
Mary Pamela Kilmer
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Update

Post by Mary Pamela Kilmer »

:D Glad to hear your are making progress. You should think about joining us here on the West Coast for News Years Eve! See Terri & Bob's Post.
Rick & Pam Kilmer
"The Cats Aweigh"
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

New Years

Post by SecondWind »

By All Means Join us for the New Years Weekend!!! (Friday Dec 30, Through Monday, Jan 2) We have two open staterooms on Second Wind, Someday Soon has one open, and I'm sure others will be available.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind