DOOMED!!?!

Post here for issues with outboard engines (i.e Yamaha 9.9) on PDQ yachts
Page 83
admiral
admiral

DOOMED!!?!

Post by Page 83 »

Mother Nature has spoken: I am destined to perpetually intertwine errant bits of rope in angry propellers in spite of my foolish attempts to side-step the issue. Did I think that removing the little pieces I used to raise the engines out of the water would avert my apparent destiny? Could spending a whole bunch of money on electric trim and tilt buy me some kind of Papal indulgence? NooOOOooo! with a flick of Mother Nature's wand, a mild mannered bow line left neatly coiled on the trampoline came to life, tied itself to the bow cleat and noodled its way down to the starboard prop, to weld the propeller in place with the ultimate hot glue, New England Ropes Irremovium(tm).

Mother Nature, please forgive me for whatever I did that really P***ed you off. I know you win every contest, and strike down whoever has the ignorant temerity to believe they can get away with anything you take exception too. Please, its not just for me; think of my new engines, bright, clean, and so new to the world! Let them have an unblemished childhood at least!

Mastering single engine mauevering in adverse winds is not a skill I ever aspired to. What special treat ARE you preparing me for?
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Re: DOOMED!!?!

Post by mikeandrebecca »

I am in no way happy to hear of your problem Sandy, but that post was quite funny.
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Let's see....

Post by thinwater »

Pull-up lines ~ 6 times.
Davit line 1 time.
Fender line 1 time.
Crab pot line 1 time.
Our own minnow trap line 1 time.
One prop spun for no obvious reason on delivery trip.
Dingy painter 1 time.

Only 3 spun props total.

None of the above in the last 4 months!

Buy the way, we had your engines out on their maiden voyage last weekend. All good. One of my old engines is now fixed up as a spare, the other was stripped to bones and thrown away - crack/corrosion in the block.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html