Stern Extensions

Here is where to post tips and tricks for using this forum
samtheskull
deckhand
deckhand

Stern Extensions

Post by samtheskull »

After 2 seasons cruising our stern extensions have proved to be a success. They have made the boat faster, allowed us to carry a heavy dinghy and outboard with the minimum of hobby horsing and access to and from the boat is so easy just like a dinghy dock.
This was a fairy easy project that did not compromise the integrity of the hulls and there was no rigging issues.Sam The Skull is stored at Titusville Florida.
Attachments
Picture George
Picture George
IMG_4715.JPG (194.8 KiB) Viewed 18230 times
NEW OWNERS WE are now the proud owners of PDQ 36 Hull number 66.
We have named our boat Sam the Skull. ask google.
WE are John and Barbara Anderson from the Isle of Arran Scotland
maxicrom
admiral
admiral

Re: Stern Extensions

Post by maxicrom »

John - aka Sam the Skull,

Apparently we have mutual friends - Bill & Bess from S\V Alibi were over last night and were telling some of last seasons stories when Sam the Skull came up. I said that they had to be on a "stretch" PDQ, and they said of course. We've known Bess for a good many years now and have adopted Bill - glad that y'all had a good time together.

Mike & Linda
Mike & Linda
S/V II the Max
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

I'm intrigued by your extensions. I think it would be fairly easy to "splash" your extensions (make molds over the existing extensions) and not run amiss with "the factory". Page 83, the World's Fattest PDQ36, needs them. I would be glad to come down and help. Then we can sell them to Dream Catcher for a healthy profit....
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
samtheskull
deckhand
deckhand

Post by samtheskull »

It would be very easy to cast a mold from our extensions but at the same time it is also easy to build them on the boat. We are about to haul the boat for the summer but will be around until October. All the best John
NEW OWNERS WE are now the proud owners of PDQ 36 Hull number 66.
We have named our boat Sam the Skull. ask google.
WE are John and Barbara Anderson from the Isle of Arran Scotland