British Virgins

Questions about places PDQ's go, field reports about where you've been, and crew requests
Dan White
admiral
admiral

British Virgins

Post by Dan White »

Thinking about a week's charter next April out of Tortola on a Voyage 440 -- 4 couples total. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
doubledutch
admiral
admiral

virgins charter

Post by doubledutch »

The BVI's are a wonderfull sailor's playground. If you go to http://www.traveltalkonline.com and check out the BVI forum you will find a lot of good information.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

ask about where you can anchor vs have to get a mooring. moorings tend to fill up quickly.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Dan,
Gina and I charter in the BVI every summer. We love to talk about it. Email me at sdensler@mac.com and I will tell you more than you probably want to hear.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
skraskey
deckhand
deckhand

Post by skraskey »

Dan, the BVI is wonderful. My wife and I owned a boat with the Moorings
from 1999 thru 2004. We owned a Leopard 4500 catamaran. It was a
great charter boat. We now own/live-a-board a PDQ 44 Antares. We are
headed to the USVI/BVI this winter in our PDQ. We plan on sailing to Venezuela for the next hurricane season(2007). The BVI is a wonderful
place to sail. Anywhere you go will be enjoyed. Fun night life is Willie T's, great beach is Sandy Cay, best lobster is Anagada Reef Hotel. Don't miss the Bitter End Resort on Virgin Gorda. Maybe we will see you
this winter. You can e-mail us at skraskey@msn.com if we can help.
After Nov. 10th, email at seamanselixir@gmn-usa.com.
Have fun,
Steve and linda Kraskey
Rejoice
1st mate
1st mate

BVI

Post by Rejoice »

Annie and I have chartered 8 times in the BVI and US Virgin Islands since 1994. We've always chartered Grand Banks trawlers from Trawlers in Paradise with great results. Denise and Tommy McCoy own and run the operation. Don't give Tommy any quarter.... He's a "biker-dude".

There are some places not to be missed and a few definitely to be missed, depending on what you want. Please email us at david@menselcpa.com and we will tell you more than you want to know about enjoying the pleasures of the BVI. Is is the absolute best cruising ground we have found. If I've not been there for a couple of years, I start to mourn.

We did take PDQ MV34/51 2,000 water miles from Whitby to Nashville, TN through the Great Lakes and the Western Rivers (see PassageMaker Magazine, October 2005) (which was an absolute blast) and have done several hundred miles of the Gulf Intra-coastal (Sarasota to Lake Ocechobee (?sp) but have nothing to compare to the beauty and tranquility of the BVI, so I guess I'm saying we've done a little travelling.

We'll be happy to share any of our adventures with you. Beware the virture of your maidens and do not approach the Willi T in the Bight at Norman Island at night. Evil things will befall them....

Regards,

Dave and Annie Mensel
PDQ MV 34/51
Rejoice
Nashville, TN
Anne & Dave Mensel
Rejoice
PDQ MV/34-51
Nashville, TN