Melbourne Anchorage

Questions about places PDQ's go, field reports about where you've been, and crew requests
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Melbourne Anchorage

Post by Lady of the Lake »

For anyone passing through Melbourne on their way south this year or anyone attending the SSCA GAM, we have a very nice anchorage just south of the Eau Gallie Cswy bridge in the Eau Gallie River Basin on the west side of the ICW. The reason I bring this up is that our water levels have remained at a very nice level since Hurricane Faye and seem to have leveled out about 1.5 feet higher than in past years. So that provides a very nice calm anchorage inside the river with 6 feet of depth. Once inside the park and with one marina to stbd and my marina ahead, anchor to stbd, north west of the channel. If that gets more than a couple of boats, then try to port, south east of the channel, more room a little less depth. But give it a try, you will like it. Very quiet and very flat. You may be the only boat in the harbor, most pass by without knowing we are here...

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
amytom
admiral
admiral

Re: Melbourne Anchorage

Post by amytom »

If anyone needs assistance while here let us know. I'll do whatever I can to help. (rides etc...)