BERMUDA

Questions about places PDQ's go, field reports about where you've been, and crew requests
ATTITUDE
skipper
skipper

BERMUDA

Post by ATTITUDE »

WANTED: Charts for Bermuda.

Planning on leaving Florida in early June 2011.

Tnx,

Doug
ATTITUDE
Captain Doug
Admiral Jeannie
Sea Dog 1st Class Paca

ATTITUDE - the last of human freedoms (Viktor Frankl)
Root
skipper
skipper

Re: BERMUDA

Post by Root »

Doug,
We highly recommend that you buy new charts for your trip. They will contain the latest navigational information. We have been to Bermuda twice from the Chesapeake Bay on catamarans. We only needed to add two charts to our existing coastal inventory for the trips one for Bermudian waters and one ocean chart covering the waters in between the east coast and Bermuda. Our charts are full of notes, sightings, plots, etc. and mementos of our passages. We cannot part with them. Yours will become keepsakes too. Good luck and safe crossing. Ray and Paula, Wind Seeker, 3695
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Post by thinwater »

Root, do you have any sort of log of your trips to Bermuda?

I would love to make that trip, but I am still waiting for my daughter to get just a year or 2 older. We've done many long trips, but not overnight and watch keeping with only 2 requires 2 sailors.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

I've done the trip a couple times, in mono-hulls, and loved it. But we always took 4 or 6 crew to cover an easier watch schedule. My oldest did it with me when he was 16 and it was quite a test for him. We ate tuna and Mahi both ways. He gave much of his back to Neptune the first two days...
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
ATTITUDE
skipper
skipper

Post by ATTITUDE »

Ray & Paula:

Thanks for the suggestion. Originally, I was unable to locate charts for the Atlantic. Hence, my post. After searching further and with the help of Blue Water Books and Charts I have obtained charts.
Bought U.S. Chart 108 entitled NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN - SOUTHEAST COAST OF NORTH AMERICA INCLUDING THE BAHAMAS AND GREATER ANTILLES. Since it stretches from Passamaquoddy Bay at the north end and Jamaica at the south end, the name SOUTHEAST COAST OF NORTH AMERICA threw me off. But when I remembered just how much of the continent exists north of the U.S. the term SOUTHEAST is correct :D
Also picked up an IMRAY chart for Bermuda proper.

Any others suggestions are welcomed.

Tnx,

Doug
ATTITUDE
Captain Doug
Admiral Jeannie
Sea Dog 1st Class Paca

ATTITUDE - the last of human freedoms (Viktor Frankl)
leehenderson
deckhand
deckhand

Post by leehenderson »

I have made the Bahamas trip many times. I used to keep my Brigadoon II in Eluthera. That was a while ago though. This year I am heading to the Exumas in February. I will be in Georgetown the end of February, weather permiting.

Lee
Brigadoon II, PDQ-36 hull #14
Lee Henderson, Marco Island, FL