Rotan to Pensacola crew needed

Questions about places PDQ's go, field reports about where you've been, and crew requests
Ed Ellis
admiral
admiral

Rotan to Pensacola crew needed

Post by Ed Ellis »

Sometime between the middle-to-end of June (date is flexible), Tranquility, a PDQ 36, will be headed home. I'm in the process of arranging a crew for the journey.

The plan is to cross the Gulf of Honduras from Rotan to Belize, and then work our way north, island hopping to Glovers Atoll, Lighthouse Reef, Banco Chinchorro, Cozemel, and Isla Mujeres, and then cross the Gulf of Mexico.

The trip can be made on a fast-track (e.g., very little stopping) or at a more leisurely pace, depending on what the crew wants to do or has time to do (this will be jointly decided before the trip so that everyone will know what to expect). Crossing the Gulf of Mexico takes 4 to 5 days, so at minimum, the whole trip will take 10 days. Crew need not make the entire journey (all the way from Rotan to Pensacola) but can join the boat in Belize City, Cozemel, or Isla Mujeres.

This would be a good opportunity to see the Western Caribbean on the cheap and get some off-shore experience. Some of the crew will be experienced off-shore sailors, and some may be novices looking to get some. So, to all of you blue water cruiser-wannabees out there, here’s you big chance! It's fish or cut bait time! Three crew brought the boat down last year, and it was a blast. I’ve never laughed so much. Roger Wood, a PDQ 32 owner was one of them, and I’m hoping he’ll be able to make at least part of the trip. He contacted me and introduced himself after I posted a “crew needed” message on the PDQ forum last year.

I need at least two (could be a couple), but could take as many as four (assuming everyone is pretty friendly!). Gender does not matter.
Ed & Linda Ellis
Tranquility
jbrad
skipper
skipper

Trip

Post by jbrad »

Hi Ed,

JImmy Bradley MV43 "Mr Busy" here. I live here in Pensacola and would be interested in discussing your trip. My email address is jbradmason@aol if you would let me know how to contact you. Thanks.
MR BUSY
eyecatcher
deckhand
deckhand

Post by eyecatcher »

Hi Ed,
This is Kim Warner. I am the daughter of Bobby and Donnie Stephens who own the eyecatcher. My boyfriend and I have reciently bought a 25' C and C sialboat. We are docked in soldiers creek and have mainly been sialing in Perdido Bay. We would love to catch a ride with you guys on your way back home to learn and relax a little too. The timing is great for us. Give us a call at 850-292-4107 or e-mail at kwarnerxyz@yahoo.com thanks, Kim