Need Trampoline for 1994 PDQ 36

Discussions regarding electronics, gear and other equipment of maintenance issues that ARE NOT SPECIFIC to a certain PDQ model yacht
amytom
admiral
admiral

Re: Need Trampoline for 1994 PDQ 36

Post by amytom »

New tramps installed today. 70' of lacing rope was just right. They look pretty good by my standards; if you look closely you can tell that it wasn't professionally sewn but they are quite a bit nicer than the old ones. Total cost was about $400.00 plus some sweat and profanity.

Sam, take a look next time you're there and tell me what you think.
Phenix-former-owner
Site Admin

Post by Phenix-former-owner »

I installed my new trampolines on my 32 just after launch this year (I had to launch a few days before I got the tramps, so they were installed while the boat was in the water, which is always challenging). They fit great, Sunrise did a great job.

I washed the existing lines to use them, as I had no luck in finding reasonably priced line here in Chicago (24c/foot sta-set would be great, didn't find anything close to that price). I get the cross beam strong and then promptly dropped the entire center line off the boat into the water (18 feet deep). I used some colorful language when this happened.

So I used another line I had to do the center. If someone has run across a bargain (mail order) on line for the trampoline, I'm all ears!
--
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

For discount line over the web I always go to http://www.gencomarine.com/ they are in Toronto so you have to buy enough to cover shipping.
I live in Orlando and routinely work in Tampa so I try to stop by West Marine's (now only) bargain center in St Petersburg every chance I can. Yesterday I picked up some 1/2" sta-set for $.40 / foot.
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Saw it yesterday, looks great!
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL