Lewmar Hatches

Discussions regarding electronics, gear and other equipment of maintenance issues that ARE NOT SPECIFIC to a certain PDQ model yacht
Sunshine
1st mate
1st mate

Lewmar Hatches

Post by Sunshine »

My Lewmar hatches can only be closed or fully opened. I've been talking to Lewmar about repairing them, but am having difficulty in determining the model (trimline, rollstop, etc.?). Sunshine is PDQ 34002. Anybody have any idea which hatehes PDQ used in the early models? Thanks for your help!
Bill and Anna Marie
S/V "Sunshine" PDQ 34002
West Creek, NJ
SeaPaws
1st mate
1st mate

Post by SeaPaws »

If I remember correctly, I think they will be Rollstop, as the boat was built in 89. Check the height above deck in mm. Then measure the outside dimensions in mm and compare the different sizes under the models

http://www.lewmar.com/webspares/index.aspx?prod=hatch
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Mine are Rollstop, Lady of the Lake is a 1991 model. Although pricey, I bought new hinge kits for them and they all work very well ever since.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Allezcat 36010 (1991) has Lewmar rollstop ocean hatches. I bought the boat in 1993 and had trouble with the hatches not staying open. Lewmar provided me free hinge kits for all the hatches (size 30 and 50). Although difficult to replace they have performed fairly well since then but are now starting to flop closed again. Perhaps there is some add-on hold-open adjustable bar we could install?

Chet
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Wow, I wish I could have had them provided for free! I replaced them in 9 hatches at more than $30 per kit. When I called Lewmar, they referred me to a supplier in south Florida as I recall.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL