Simpson/Lawrence Sprint 1000 neds brushes

Discussions regarding electronics, gear and other equipment of maintenance issues that ARE NOT SPECIFIC to a certain PDQ model yacht
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Simpson/Lawrence Sprint 1000 neds brushes

Post by Kokomo »

Well the &#@$# Simpson/Lawrence Sprint 1000 Windless gave up the ghost when all of the brushes self-destructed. A call to my friendly S/L parts distributer and guess what? Brushes are not available.... Oh, how I love S/L...

Has anyone encountered this? Has anyone has brushes made up elsewhere?

Has anyone replaced their S/L with a unit that fits or covers the existing footprint?

Thanks!!!
Roger and Bonnie
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Hi Roger,

I have the same windlass and lousy Fracmo motor. The magnets came un-glued in mine and I bought a new motor ($500).
I still have the old motor. I can check to see if the brushes in the old motor are still usable.
I would not be able to check for about week.

Chet & Sharon
Allezcat
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

FYI Brushes

Post by SecondWind »

I now have a source to have them made.

Gulf Coast Marine Electric, 815 Buttonwood Dr, Ft. Myers Beach, 33931, 239-765-6600, Ray Howerton, can have them made by Helwig Carbon in Wisconsin. As of this date (9/26/2006) there is a minimum order of $60.00. Gulf Coast will repair the motor or send you directly to them (?) if you want to fix your own. They did a lot of research for me to find a source, so please give them your businoss if possible.

You will need on of the old brushes to send to them
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind