Sail Cover for PDQ36

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
Root
skipper
skipper

Sail Cover for PDQ36

Post by Root »

We have added a Mack Pack mainsail cover to our PDQ 36. For sail is our dark blue Sunbrella mainsail cover. It is a used factory model with some rubs here and there, but still looks good and has several years left on it. Send me an email at b24reuter@northernneck.com if you are interested. It comes from a smoke free boat. Cheap!!! Ray
Last edited by Root on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
phild
skipper
skipper

Post by phild »

I'm thinking of adding a Mack Pack as well - how do you like it? Did you install it yourself?
Phil and Mary DiDomenico
s/v Arabella

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging sails. There are faraway places and the everchanging light, and the silence, and a great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Mate
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

I added one a few months back, actually, it was a custom cover made by Indy Canvas, recommended by Pierre of Latis:

http://www.indycanvas.com/product_info. ... ucts_id=31

or go to:

http://www.indycanvas.com

and search for Mainsail Cover (Easy-Furl)

I love mine, around $400 total delivered. He has my measurements for the PDQ 36 (hull#15, not sure if the boom length has changed) but I recommend making it larger in the "B" dimension, Height of the flaked sail, because mine is a bit tight to get the zipper started, the headboard is a bit bulkier than will fit comfortably within my measurements. Also, make sure you specify whether you have a boltrope or slug track on the foot of the sail.

The owner Troy was great to work with, I highly recommend.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
next exit
skipper
skipper

Post by next exit »

Sam,
a) Does it close up the front?
b) Is your boom Isomat?
Don Wilson
Next Exit
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

No, the front has snaps to the mast, the zipper is along the top so it opens and the sail raises out of the pocket and then flakes back into the "nest", the sides are supported by lazy jacks which you will also need if you are not already equipped.

I am embarrassed to admit but I am not sure who the mast/boom were manufactured buy, I think Isomat but all I know is that they are not Selden like some of the new ones...
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Root
skipper
skipper

sailcover still here

Post by Root »

Sorry for the delays is responding to emails but we have moved to the Smith Point area of Virginia and had very limited internet access until recently.

When I called Mackpack, they had our dimensions in their data base but I provided the required dimensions on their order form anyway. The cover came with ample instructions and was easy to install but did require a trip aloft to mount lazy jack blocks on the mast. It is a superb system and everyone who has seen ours buys one too.

We have the original sail cover still and will gladly ship it to anyone for the cost of shipping plus $10.00. It was only used for 4 years and it is still in great shape with many years of life left in it. You can reach me at this email address b24reuter@northernneck.com Ray
halfmoon
1st mate
1st mate

SAILCOVER

Post by halfmoon »

RAY,
I'm having problems with sending email. I would like to buy the sailcover. I can receive email, ksafk@aol.com. Half Moon is in the northwest Albemarle Sound, about 60 miles from Norfolk.
Thanks,
Alex Kehayes 36073
Alex Kehayes
Edenton, NC