Adjustable salon Table

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
Sunshine
1st mate
1st mate

Adjustable salon Table

Post by Sunshine »

Gretings Everyone:

I am thinking about replacing my fixed salon table with the adjustable model to allow the saloon to be converted to a bed when the grandkids visit. I'd like to hear what folks think of the adjustable table. Is anyone is interested in selling their table or does anyone know the model and a source for it?
Bill and Anna Marie
S/V "Sunshine" PDQ 34002
West Creek, NJ
S Slater
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Adjustable salon Table

Post by S Slater »

Be careful this is not so easy, getting table legs that can go down to aproximately 12-13" high is really tricky, consult with hardware distributors before you leap. Taco metals in florida has Zwardviss products that are really good as well as anybody that carrys the Barka line of products, all European, all in metric, OH what fun. Keep in mind that the table would now require support around the perimeter of the table as you do not want it folding up if used as a bed. This means that you will need different fiddles on the front of the seat.
Simon
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Simon,
Why does my table (hull #36015) have a post from the center of the top of the table up to the headliner and most others do not? Was there a reason or was it decorative? I think I have seen 1 or 2 others like it but that is it.

Thanks,
Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
S Slater
deckhand
deckhand

Post by S Slater »

OK, you realize that this was done about 17? years ago. This is really tickling the boundaries of my memory but I suspect that it may have been an attempt at stiffening the cabin top. We went to thicker foam core in later models that stiffened the cabin top. Do you have the Dodger bump in the cabin roof? That change also changed the stiffness of the deck considerably.
Simon
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Wow! Where did 17 years go?

Allezcat, hull#10, had the infamous post. I removed it after taking the boat out of charter about 10years ago and the cabin roof seems to be fine without it although I weigh in at 137. It sure makes card-playing or dominoes a lot more enjoyable.

Chet
Allezcat 36010
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

OK, thanks Simon. If it was taken out because it was not necessary, then all is good. I was hoping it was not a design change driven by underbridge pounding causing the floor to flex driving the table and associated post upwards and causing stress to the cabin top. I could see how the pole was thought to add strenght but in practice could do damage by inflicting a concentrated load onto a weak point in the roof.

Not sure what you mean by the dodger bump in the cabin roof? Do I have the bump?

Sam
Attachments
100_2380.jpg
100_2380.jpg (119.28 KiB) Viewed 18442 times
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
S Slater
deckhand
deckhand

Post by S Slater »

Sam
No you do not have the "dodger bump"
We decided, at some point quite likely at the pub on a friday afternoon, that we needed to change the profile of the bridgedeck and give more clearance to the water. We raised the floor 4" and the roofline 3" and used thinner foam coring over the athwartship walkway to gain back some of the headroom. This is one of those small changes that we made constantly on these boats.
Simon
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Bill,

A thought to your adjustable table dilema. They may be a bit pricey, but how about using a wooden hydraulically adjustable table, like the ones that exist on many trawlers, particularly Nordic Tugs & the American Tug. A simple flip of a lever allows the table to adjust to any any height and the wooden structure will match nicely. The hydraulic base would be all that is necessary, then you can fit it with the appropriate taple top which has folding leaves & fits your saloon.
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
S Slater
deckhand
deckhand

Post by S Slater »

Taco metal has a 3 stage leg with gas assist that may work. It all depends on the lowered height requirements. Part number Z80-2800VEL26-PM has a lowered height of only 11-3/4" of height.
Simon
Sunshine
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Sunshine »

Thanks everyone for all of the information and suggestions. I will definitely think this through carefully before doing anything. It could be a summertime project.

Bill
Bill and Anna Marie
S/V "Sunshine" PDQ 34002
West Creek, NJ
samtheskull
deckhand
deckhand

Post by samtheskull »

Hi ,
we are replacing our adjustable table to add more storage by building drawers under it.
Our previous owners used it as a bed.
What do you plan to with your table?
NEW OWNERS WE are now the proud owners of PDQ 36 Hull number 66.
We have named our boat Sam the Skull. ask google.
WE are John and Barbara Anderson from the Isle of Arran Scotland
Sunshine
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Sunshine »

John and Barbara - If I could find an adjustable table that fits my boat ( one of the originals - 34002) I'd replace the fixed table that is now in the boat. I'd offer a swap, but my table doesn't have drawers. I'd be interested in purchasing yours if it fit. Please let me know if your interested in selling (or swapping) and if so, send the dimensions of your table. I assume it has the adjustable legs (what are the low and high measurements) and two folding "wings."

Bill
Bill and Anna Marie
S/V "Sunshine" PDQ 34002
West Creek, NJ
samtheskull
deckhand
deckhand

Post by samtheskull »

Hi,
sorry about the delay in responding but I was unable to use the forum.
The table legs adjust to bed height .The legs are in Florida and we are in Canada until October. I have built a cabinet with 2 drawers fitted to the table to match the PDQ. All the best John
NEW OWNERS WE are now the proud owners of PDQ 36 Hull number 66.
We have named our boat Sam the Skull. ask google.
WE are John and Barbara Anderson from the Isle of Arran Scotland
Bacchagato
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Bacchagato »

Bacchagato (ex Distant Music) is set up for interchangeable table supports. Since we're going cruising and space is at a premium, we have opted to reinstall the wine table and standard cushion fiddles. The table remains unchanged. We have the 2 Garelick aluminum adjustable supports if anyone wants them, please make an offer... like everything else, they have to go!
GARELICK LEGS:

2 HOLES IN SOLE TO LET LEGS COLLAPSE:

DIFFERENT FIDDLES TO SUPPORT TABLE, NEED 3:
Bacchagato