WTS: Windhunter hoist-in-the-rigging wind generator $150 obo

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
Bacchagato
1st mate
1st mate

WTS: Windhunter hoist-in-the-rigging wind generator $150 obo

Post by Bacchagato »

Windhunter high-output, hoist-in-the-rigging, wind generator. Have everything that goes with it. The major components are a 6-bladed propeller, high-output generator and stainless steel mounting bracket. In addition, there is ample cable to connect the generator to your 12V system; a sleeve to go over a furled jib; a tripod line system to keep the Windhunter stable at anchor; and a wood wind vane plus a spare.

Attach the wind vane, generator and propeller to the mounting bracket, and hoist into foretriangle with spinnaker halyard. Sunbrella sleeve slides over furled jib to maintain position. Three lines leading from mount to deck form a stable tripod base.

The Windhunter will swing to the wind but will not completely rotate, so basically this system is designed for boats lying at anchor, as the entire boat will swing to the wind and the generator won’t need to rotate 360 degrees.

The generator is completely waterproof and can even be submerged, according to the manufacturer.

Asking $150 OBO in Pensacola, FL. Cash, USPS Money Order or PayPal.
Morgan
(850) 516-4082

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2d6o39d&s=3

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o75093&s=3

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=bg1q4y&s=3
Bacchagato
Bacchagato
1st mate
1st mate

Re: WTS: Windhunter hoist-in-the-rigging wind generator $150 obo

Post by Bacchagato »

Price drop, we're trying to get out of here this month... if you want this thing, let's make a deal
Bacchagato
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

What were the output numbers you experienced?
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
Bacchagato
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Bacchagato »

We have never used the Windhunter. I have the manual and the original owner's rigging instructions for it, but I'd have to track down Mr. Martin (1st owner) for performance data. The second owner never cruised the boat, and he didn't pass along any meaningful data on the wind gen... sorry. The unit was made in the UK by a company that is now out of business. The boat originally had a Windhunter autopilot, water generator and wind gen, but I only have the wind gen left. If anyone is willing to pay shipping, it's yours... I need to empty out the van so I can sell it, too... the hardest part of going cruising is getting rid of everything!
Bacchagato