Looking for a PDQ 36

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Looking for a PDQ 36

Post by eepstein »

I am looking for a PDQ 36 (outboard version). I have been looking at a couple on the PDQ.Com website, but thought I would also mention it here in case someone knows of one.

I am located in Annapolis, MD. I have 35 years of sailing mono-hulls with a great deal of off-shore experience. I have only had a couple years of multi-hull sailing, but am hooked on it. Especially sailing multi-hulls in the Caribbean, has been great fun.

I have been jumping between a few makers of small catamarans, and almost brought a Tomcat 9.7. But got a tour of a PDQ 36 that was anchored in Solomon's for a wedding, and loved it.

I have been reading through postings and your forum is great. The topics and answers have helped encourage me even more about a PDQ. Good support from others makes boat projects much easier.

Thanks in advance for any advice, input, etc. You can reply to this post or email me directly at eric@epstein.bz.

Best regards,
Eric Epstein
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Re: Looking for a PDQ 36

Post by eepstein »

Thanks to being able to post this message on the PDQ Forum, I was able to purchase Desert Star (36049), a 1996 PDQ 36. This PDQ had previous names of Tooyoots, Amarula , and originally Dementia. It was probably the easiest purchase of a boat - or anything of high value for that matter - that I have ever made. Bonnie and I look forward to many adventures on it together. We can not possibly put in to words our incredible level of excitement. We will have many questions and hope to ask them on this forum. Special thanks to everyone whose advice we received over the last few weeks - Jim, Ray, Sandy, many others. We'll keep you posted on our progress.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Post by Kokomo »

Congrats on the boat and welcome to a great family of owners. We spend most of September in the Bay (Bodkin Creek to be exact) getting the boat hauled and painted, before heading south. Feel free to contact us at Kokomo36@juno.com if you have any questions.

Bonnie & Roger
s/v Kokomo
Roger and Bonnie
Dan White
admiral
admiral

Post by Dan White »

Let me also welcome you "aboard". We also are on the bay, sailing out of Middle River, just above Baltimore. Unlike Roger, I am still working, :( so we are here all year. Feel free to call or email. Our email is Dan.White@comcast.net.; Phone 410-666-3936 (H)

Another good resource for multihulls on the Chesapeake is Chesapeake Multihull Association.

http://www.chesapeakemultihulls.org/