PDQ32 wanted

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
boudeuse380
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ32 wanted

Post by boudeuse380 »

Looking to buy PDQ32 in good condition .
Please email me if you have one for sale in Great Lakes.
Regards,
Andy (strannic@rogers.com)
mikemak777
1st mate
1st mate
Location: Dana Point, California/1996 32 Classic "THIRD WISH"

Re: PDQ32 wanted

Post by mikemak777 »

check out yachtworld....there's a nice looking one just across the border ....
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

We have a few listed at www.pdq36.com also.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
boudeuse380
deckhand
deckhand

Post by boudeuse380 »

Shopping for a sailboat is indeed like computer dating or just dating period. I am on Yachtworld checking around the clock like a lunatic. I've been looking for 1/2 years and it seems most of the boats I find on-line are misrepresented. The photo's are out of date and when I go to see a boat in person they turn out to be extremely over priced "projects". Again, that happened to me last week when I've driven about 800km to Little Current to see Altair.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1995/Pd ... ent/Canada

That PDQ32 needs lots of time to spend, working on it plus the time to find a replacement for both sails, cockpit enclosure, one engine, fridge and a hundred small things. There was "beautiful mess inside".... aft cabin.. with a messy bed. What's up with that? And when did it become O.K. to just neglect something so beautiful, useful, and precious? When did "pride of ownership" lose popularity? I'm not that old but I must be old fashioned as I so appreciate a well maintained, loved boat. I've decided that I will not proceed with an offer.
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

Sorry you were disappointed. You have to kiss a few frogs first, I'm told.
But don't let the cosmetics that can be fixed in a few hours blind you to the more important features: structural integrity, continuous maintenance, good systems, etc. Even replacing a motor shouldn't keep you away from an otherwise desirable cat.
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
mikemak777
1st mate
1st mate
Location: Dana Point, California/1996 32 Classic "THIRD WISH"

Post by mikemak777 »

internet dating ....great analogy .... the pictures of that boat looked great ....i can feel your disappointment, if not anger .... if the seller is realistic, you can use all the defects you mentioned to negotiate a much better price than what is being asked. i too have been on the hunt. i just missed two boats in south texas. each of them were in good conditon. one sold for $90K and the other for $95K. those prices are verifiable as both boats were listed and sold by a broker. these boats are hard to find and that one is in your "backyard" (your big backyard!). if the seller is motivated and realistic, a price of $70K to $75K sounds about right for that boat....and at that price, you can't go wrong....oops, i've used up my two cents.