Need Replacement Yamaha Outboards

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
Kevincaptnoshooz
deckhand
deckhand

Need Replacement Yamaha Outboards

Post by Kevincaptnoshooz »

If anyone knows a source for the Yamaha 9.9's that will fit 1990 PDQ 36' Please let me know.
Sunshine
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Need Replacement Yamaha Outboards

Post by Sunshine »

I purchased two Yamaha 9.9s from Beacon Light Marine (http://beaconlightmarina.com/). The price was reasonable and they did a great job with the installation. I was very pleased with their work. You can find out more information regarding repowering from the Outboard Engines section of this forum.
Bill and Anna Marie
S/V "Sunshine" PDQ 34002
West Creek, NJ
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Re: Need Replacement Yamaha Outboards

Post by Page 83 »

I re-engined Page 83, a 1993 PDQ 36 with new Yamaha High Trust Eights, with the huge bracket for electric trim and tilt. Waves do hit the lower motor mounts, but I take care of them. I am very pleased with the performance. It was necessary to trim the sides of the transom area of the engine nacelles to get them to fit, and its a very tight squeeze with the shift cable bracket on these engines, but it works. Just keep your hands out of the engine wells when you are raising them. I did some glass work on one of the nacelles because a crack in the glass had allowed some water intrusion to the plywood core. Had that not been the case, it would have been a one day job on the hard.

You will need to replace the electrical harness when you go to newer engines anyway, so just set aside plenty of time, and enlist the aid of a Yamaha mechanic to keep the wiring in order. The 9.9s became available shortly after I finished, and I would prefer the extra thrust, but so far the Eights have managed very well in some trying conditions, and they are a bit more economical. But you have to keep the bottom clean.
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026