Depth gauge

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Depth gauge

Post by jimlong »

Hi all, Looking for a Raytheon ST60 Autohelm series depth gauge. The face on mine has blackened to the point where its barely readable. If you've installed new gauges and are interested in selling the old, gimme the holler. Just need the depth gauge for my 36. Thanks, Jim
windrush
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Depth gauge

Post by windrush »

Hi Jim, hope alls well aboard Ocean Dreamer! I also had issues with an old Raytheon display going so dark it became almost unreadable and found a relatively simple fix, although it was not cheap. On Ebay there is a seller called desertdiver1 that sells just the LCD screen and it worked well for me. I just searched on Ebay for "LCD Replacement for TRIDATA ST60, ST60+ Raymarine" and found he has two for sale at $140. They're pretty simple to replace. Hope this helps if you can't find a cheaper replacement unit. Good luck and hope to see you guys in the Bahamas again this season.
Bruce & Val Marshall
s/v Windrush - 36074
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Hey Bruce, thx for the hot tip. I found the listing and Mancos, Co. is in my neck of the woods. I looked at the pins on the backside of the screen and holy geez thats a lot of pins to solder. Was hoping it would just be "plug and play". While my soldering skills are not the best in the world, guess I could give it a whirl. Its either that or my lucks gonna run out at an inopportune time somewhere in the Bahamas and Kathie's gonna say, "told ya you should of replaced that", haha! Absolutely will be in the Bahamas this year and plan to get some payback for that delicious blackened Mahi that you and Val cooked for us.
windrush
1st mate
1st mate

Post by windrush »

It should be just plug and play. I'll send you a pm
Bruce & Val Marshall
s/v Windrush - 36074