The Complete "Ramage" Collection by Dudley Pope

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

The Complete "Ramage" Collection by Dudley Pope

Post by Kokomo »

The Complete Ramage Collection by Dudley Pope

If you enjoy Forrester’s Hornblower, O’Brien’s Lucky Jack Aubrey or Kent’s Richard Bolitho; then you’ll really enjoy the Nicholas Ramage series by Dudley Pope.

This soft-cover collection is in excellent condition. I’ve read it through twice and enjoyed it immensely. But, now it’s time to make room for others. New, each of the 18 soft-cover books costs $15.95. I’m selling them all for less than half at $140.00 and I’ll pay the shipping within the continental US.

This 18-book series traces Lord Nicholas Ramage’s Royal Navy adventures — along with his equally colorful crew — through furious sea battles, shipwrecks, secret missions, and daring rescues as they serve with humor, audacity, and distinction during the wars against France and Spain in the Age of Fighting Sail. Pope’s novels are rich in historically detail, they are also fast-pace, exciting adventure tales.

Readers soon become friends with the regular cast of characters. The old master Southwick with his peculiar sword, the Scottish first officer Aitken, the ship's doctor (a former alcoholic) Bowen and the Marchesa's nephew Midshipman Paolo Orsini. There is the trio of seamen; Jackson (the American), Rossi (an Italian from Genoa) and Stafford (a Cockney) and the remaining gun crew comprised of Louis "and the three other Royalist Frenchmen." And there is a passing parade of many stalwart Lieutenants. On the home front there is Hanson the butler, and Ramages's parents the Earl & Lady Blazey. And we occasionally meet the Earl of St. Vincent, Lord Nelson - and even Horatio Hornblower.

You can contact me at Kokomo36@juno.com or by phone at 410-746-4020
Roger and Bonnie