Nova Kool refrigerators

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
DickTuschick
skipper
skipper

Nova Kool refrigerators

Post by DickTuschick »

Please note that if you replace the original Nova Kool refrigerator with a new unit there may be a problem with overheating of the compressor. In the new units they have stopped placing vents in the front of the unit just over the freezer door. It would appear that without these vents there is not adequate air flow around the compressor and as a result the unit does not cool properly. Cutting a small hole where the vents used to be and adding a 12V pancake fan solved the problem.
Last edited by DickTuschick on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Nava Kool refrigerators

Post by duetto »

hi dick,

should the fans be oriented to blow air out or suck air in?
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Re: Nava Kool refrigerators

Post by teamwork »

Hey John, I did the fan a couple of years ago, and have the fan blowing out. I used a strip of foam insulation down the side so the fan would blow up, not to the door. It sure does help the fridge cool quicker. Not going to say I haven't had any more problems, might jinx the fix. Roger on Teamwork
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: Nova Kool refrigerators

Post by deising »

I am looking to add a pancake fan to the existing unit that already has the vent holes. Does that black metal frame come off by removing all the door hinge fasteners? Any other things to be aware of before tackling that?

Thanks,
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade