Shower Pump Switch

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Shower Pump Switch

Post by AMCarter3 »

The small rubber cover that protects the toggle switch lever for our shower pump has broken off. Has anyone come encountered this and come up with a simple way to repair the rubber cover. Or, have you found that the rubber cover is NOT needed? I suspect it IS needed and without it, the switch will fail soon from corrosion.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
Ortolan
skipper
skipper

Re: Shower Pump Switch

Post by Ortolan »

I replaced mine with a SeaSense Rubber Toggle Boot $3.00 from Amazon - it fit perfectly.

The old one just unscrews & the new one screws on, however if the entire switch starts to turn, you’ll have to hold it from behind, which you access by removing the toilet paper assembly & reaching up to hold.
Russ
Twin Sisters
PRIOR Owners of a 2006 MV34
www.esc-pod.com
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Thanks. Found a Seadog version at our local marine supply store. Installed it this afternoon.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
Expatriate
admiral
admiral

Post by Expatriate »

My shower sump switch failed in the Bahamas. I could not find a switch down there, so I hot wired it to the breaker. I leave the breaker off all the time. When I get out of the shower, I go to the panel and turn on the breaker for a minute. I can tell from the sound when the shower is empty.

I may install a switch in the head somewhere, but not in the shower. It is destined to fail again because of the water. Those little rubber covers never seem to keep the switch dry. I may do nothing. Going to the breaker after a shower is no big deal except that once or twice I forgot.