PDQ36 Haul Out Mass

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
jordic
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ36 Haul Out Mass

Post by jordic »

Any one have any suggestions of marinas in Massachusetts for a winter haul out/storage? Preferable south/west of Cape Cod.

Thank you,
Jordi - Allez Cat
Timothyamoll
deckhand
deckhand

Re: PDQ36 Haul Out Mass

Post by Timothyamoll »

Brewer plymouth has a 75 ton lift , 23' beam. Good yard and crew
Tim
deising
admiral
admiral

Post by deising »

It is in the wrong location per your request, but Merri-Mar in Newburyport did a great job for us. I will say that the haul-out, winterization, shrink-wrap, and recommissioning in the spring was an expensive deal in New England.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
jordic
deckhand
deckhand

Post by jordic »

Just a follow up Hauling out up North. A friend suggested New England Boat Works in Portsmouth RI. If anyone needs a place for the winter or work done I highly recommend them. I felt haul out/in rate was very reasonable and much more affordable than the cape. Not to mention they can haul out a PDQ 36. Very friendly staff and a extremely well stocked ships store if needed.
Serenity
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Serenity »

Thanks, Jordic, we are looking for a new winter storage spot in Rhode Island, and hadn't considered New England Boatworks. The ship's store (and consignment shop upstairs) there is excellent. Cay Electronics is just down the road--they did a great job with our new solar & lithium battery upgrade.
Serenity 1998 PDQ32 #34
Portsmouth, RI
http://www.sailingserenitysquared.com