Analog to Digital engine instrument conversion

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
dstrecker1
skipper
skipper

Analog to Digital engine instrument conversion

Post by dstrecker1 »

I am planning on converting my analog instruments to digital NEMA 2000 so that it will display on the Axioms MDFs. I want to keep the analog gauges at the lower helm and tachs at the upper helm. Presently I don’t have engine water temperature and pressure at the upper helm. I would also like to add engine exhaust temperature, especially since there has been issues with the exhaust elbow and bolts. There is a number of companies that make converters, Actisense, Ailba, Combi, Noland, to name a few. I would like to know if anyone has done the conversion. Any information would help. Thanks.

Dennis Strecker
Hull 95, 100 hp engines.
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Re: Analog to Digital engine instrument conversion

Post by AlanH »

Dennis,

I added digital while leaving all analog gauges intact when we replaced all the electronics in 2018. It was a great move and the system has worked flawlessly. All the details can be found on my post from August 3, 2020 under the subject Upgrading from Raymarine ESeries to Raymarine Axiom. I am not sure if this link will work but you can cut and paste if needed. http://www.pdqforum.com/viewtopic.php?p ... iom#p15558

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
dstrecker1
skipper
skipper

Post by dstrecker1 »

Hi Alan,
I looked at the EMU-1. It seems beside purchasing the EMU-1 an interface unit is required to program the converter. Did you have to do this or did the installer do the programming? The interface unit for programming is close to $300.00.

Dennis
Hull No. 95
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

The installer did the programming. It was his first EMU-1 installation and he had to purchase the programmer. He did not charge for it as he figured he would use it on other installations.
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines