New MV 34 owners!

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

New MV 34 owners!

Post by Scottfree »

My wife, Cathy and I finally closed on the sale of MV 34 Hull 102 formerly “B-Side”, soon to be named, “Scott Free”! The previous owner, Doug was very straightforward and helpful in the sale. We live in Norfolk, VA. The boat is currently in Sebastian. FL. We are a bit nervous as we’re watching the low pressure system develop in the Caribbean. We are flying down to take possession of her August 30. We plan to cruise her back to our home in Norfolk over a two week period on the I CW.

We are familiar with the ICW as we had a Legacy 42 monohull that we cruised to the Bahamas andthe Florida Keys for the past five winters. The PDQ owners forum has been a wealth of information as we have researched the PDQ 34. Looking forward to posting on various topics related to the PDQ 34!
Scott & Cathy McKinley
M/V Scott Free, Norfolk, VA
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: New MV 34 owners!

Post by deising »

Welcome to the "family" and best of luck with your new boat.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

Welcome Scott and Cathy !

The PDQ's visiting in the North will be headed south next week, most of us slowly. We should be coming through Norfolk in late September and October, and would love to meet up with you !

... and, if you have not met him yet, we'll introduce you to Joel in Virginia Beach on PDQ Explorer !
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Scottfree »

Mike,
We know Joel and have been on his boat! We would love to meet up with you and any other owners as you pass through Norfolk. If you stay at Waterside Marina, we are within walking distance. We know a great little restaurant within walking distance that we took Dick and Carol to many years ago when we first started looking at PDQs!
Scott & Cathy McKinley
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

Thanks Scott - that's great ! When you get a chance, please shoot me an email at mikehendry4444@gmail.com, and we can exchange contact info.
Mike Hendry
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Scottfree »

Will do, Mike. My email is scottmckinley78@gmail.com.
Scott & Cathy McKinley
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop
gallf1
deckhand
deckhand

Post by gallf1 »

Hey Scott:
We passed each other in our "new" PDQ34's in the Alligator River and hailed each other on 16. We made it home to Palm Coast,FL yesterday after a couple of nice stops to include sightseeing in Charleston.

Our PDQ...formerly "Elizabeth Marie", soon to be named "Sea Gypsy" ran like a champ to include being offshore in squall that forced us back into the ICW. The only issue was the original Raymarines chart-radar-depth all quit but I was going to update the electronics anyways.

We are already in the planning stages for a month long trip to Marsh Harbour in March of 2024.

Take Care
Felix and Susan Gallo
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

Welcome Felix and Susan !

I visited with Elizabeth Marie in Vero back in the spring - they seemed like great folks !

If you are interested, the annual Owner's Rendezvous is January 20th in Stuart. For more info and to get on the PDQ Newsletter list, email Beth Simpkins at Rhumbline, Beth@Rhumblineyachtsales.com.

See you out there !
Mike Hendry
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Scottfree »

Felix and Susan,
Glad you made it home safely! We remember crossing paths with you on the Alligator River. I know you were just beginning your trip. We were just finishing ours getting home to Norfolk.

We wish you guys the best in your planned trip to the Bahamas. We have cruised the Abacos on our previous boat, a Legacy 42.
I would love to cruise the Exumas!
Scott & Cathy McKinley
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop
gallf1
deckhand
deckhand

Post by gallf1 »

Mike:
I have single handed thru the Exumas on a Herreschoff H-28 I built from a hull and deck mold and an Ericson 41....stayed in Georgetown for months and then made it down to Puerto Plata in Santo Domingo. Loved the "out Islands"

Extended Exumas cruise is on our list too....we want to re-visit Staniel Cay down to Georgetown and watch the Regattas. Will have to wait another year or two until I officially "retire" so for now Abacos and Keys out to the Dry Tortugas will be our cruising grounds.

All the best!
Felix
SeaCaper
deckhand
deckhand

Post by SeaCaper »

Scott and Kathy,

Welcome to the PDQ group and family. Hope to run into you when we head back to Florida.

Felix,
You're in Palm Coast? We picked up a canal home there recently and hope to move Abeamus from Kemah, TX back to Florida when the dock is rebuilt, 8 month backlog.
Andrew
'Abeamus' - MV 34
Hull - 041 - 75HP
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Scottfree »

Thanks, Andrew!
Scott & Cathy McKinley
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102