Aft Cabin steps

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Aft Cabin steps

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Anyone have any ideas where I can get two of the steps that have been added to the PDQ36 on the aft sloped section of the cabin roof (above the head and the aft stateroom). I thought they were molded into the later model deck but after seeing 36036 last week, it appears that they are separate steps that are fastened to the existing deck. Any ideas? Can I get some from the factory?
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Marc Gershel
admiral
admiral

Steps

Post by Marc Gershel »

Hi Sam, You're right, the early steps were screw-ons, but later they were molded right in. When I called PDQ about the screw-ons, I thought they were way overpriced, so I made my own. Turned out great, and they look like they're molded in.
I also raised my lower step on the transom, similar to the newer PDQs. No more scum from always being wet. If your interested I can tell you how I did it. I also have pictures, but I'm not sure how to post them(comp.idiot)

Marc 36021 Here's 2 Life
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Definitely interested in both. Send me a note to sdensler@mac.com so we can talk directly and I will give you an address to my website so you can upload the pics to the upload section. For everyone else, I will post the pics on the http://www.pdq36.com website.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL