salon table

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
jimlong
admiral
admiral

salon table

Post by jimlong »

Hello Everyone, I would like to remove this huge table in the salon the one with the drawers and wine rack and maybe install one that can be used as a dinner/cocktail table. A table that would raise and lower without to much difficulty and possibly even bridge the gap between the settee so that two people could sleep in the salon comfortably. Has anyone done this conversion?
halfmoon
1st mate
1st mate

SALON TABLE

Post by halfmoon »

JIM,
Your table I believe was an option and the "conversion" you refer to was the standard table. It shouldn't be too difficult to locate a 36 with the standard table to get measurements from. There might be an owner of a standard that would love to trade you for your table.
Regards,
Alex Kehayes
Alex Kehayes
Edenton, NC
jimlong
admiral
admiral

salon table

Post by jimlong »

Thanks for the reply Alex and I didn't realize it was an option, either way I need to be able to use this salon area for guests at night and will look into a telescoping table.
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Jim, if you need a picture of how the optional table setup looks, just give us an email where it can be sent.

Chris
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
jimlong
admiral
admiral

salon table

Post by jimlong »

Thanks for the post Chris and yes I would be very interested in seeing the table and does this fold down to make a bed for extra guests? Do you carry extra cushions to fill in the table top area once it folds down?

Please send pix to klong007@aol.com
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

We don't use the table often for additional guests (maybe 1-2 weeks total per year) so extra cushions were an unnecessary additional expense & storage would be an issue. Instead we have a queen size blow-up mattress which stows easily & fits well when the table is down. The couch cushions fill the voids around the bed.
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Boynton Beach, FL
jimlong
admiral
admiral

salon table

Post by jimlong »

That's a great idea using the air mattress and thanks for sending the pix.

My wife likes the storage and drawers on the table we have now although I would prefer the table like you have. It would allow for extra guests and be a great ottoman.

If you happen to see a manufacturer tag on that table, I would appreciate the info. Jim
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

There isn't a tag for the table manufacturer. If you're a little handy, you can have the pieces cut at your local lunber yard, varnish them yourself & add the hinges. I'm not good at word working, but this table seems simple enough. The toughest part will be the pull out supports for when the leaves are open. We've been thinking of adding drawers under the main table for some extra storage space.
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Boynton Beach, FL
Bob
admiral
admiral

salon table

Post by Bob »

I was at a yard sale recently at Sailors Exchange in St Augustine and actually had my hand on one of the leaf support assemblies so I'm guessing that they are commercially available. The store is presently closed for remodeling but they have a web site. I has to make new slider blocks for my supports and found it was fairly easy to do on a table saw. I think the whole assembly could be done with just a table saw and a router. The metal components are not necessary in my opinion. In fact I removed the gear so that all the pieces slide independently. This allows one side for eating or computing while the other side can be clear for lounging.
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
halfmoon
1st mate
1st mate

SALON TABLE

Post by halfmoon »

JIM,
We stow the infill cushions on the shelf outboard in the forward berth cabins. Hatch screens stow behind them when not in use. Can't argue against the inflatable queen as the entire area with infill is huge! Try to look at the options.
regards,
Alex Kehayes
Alex Kehayes
Edenton, NC
jimlong
admiral
admiral

salon table

Post by jimlong »

Thanks for the reply Bob, Alex and yes I think it would be pretty easy to duplicate that table maybe even improve on the design with shallow drawers underneath. I just need the dimensions of the table top in the compact position and extended out. I would guess that the thickness is between 3/4 and 1 inch. Jim
samtheskull
deckhand
deckhand

Re: salon table

Post by samtheskull »

Hi,
We have the table that converts to a bed and are changing it to a table with the drawers. Our table has 2 adjustable legs for lowering and raising which we will also remove.
I had planned to build the drawers this summer when we return to Canada. At present the table is in our van in N. Carolina. and the legs are on the boat in Florida.
What do you think?
All the best John Anderson. Samtheskull66@gmail.com
NEW OWNERS WE are now the proud owners of PDQ 36 Hull number 66.
We have named our boat Sam the Skull. ask google.
WE are John and Barbara Anderson from the Isle of Arran Scotland
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

John, If you want to sell the table and legs I'm a buyer. Are they still in good shape and how much? Thanks Jim
samtheskull
deckhand
deckhand

Post by samtheskull »

Hi
My plan was to use the table and build the drawers to fit it.
The legs are like new and you are welcome to them.
What do you plan to do with your table with the drawers. A swop might be an idea.
John
NEW OWNERS WE are now the proud owners of PDQ 36 Hull number 66.
We have named our boat Sam the Skull. ask google.
WE are John and Barbara Anderson from the Isle of Arran Scotland
Sunshine
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Sunshine »

Hello Samtheskull - I started a similar post in the classified section. I have a fixed table. It doesn't have drawers. It does have two folding "leaves" that fold over the center section allowing use as a narrow cocktail table or a full sized dining table when opened. I'd be interested in swapping or buying yours if you are interested.

Bill
Bill and Anna Marie
S/V "Sunshine" PDQ 34002
West Creek, NJ