Shower Faucet

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Shower Faucet

Post by Kokomo »

Our Whale shower head died. I was never impressed by the head or the replacement price. Solution: I spliced in the sprayer nozzle used to rinse dishes at the sink. Cost about $7.00 and works great with the spring loaded shut-off. Worked so well, we also installed one on our sunshower.
Roger and Bonnie
maxicrom
admiral
admiral

Re: Shower Faucet

Post by maxicrom »

K,
Our PDQ 36 came with an after market dish sink sprayer and the one problem we had was that the plastic hose had a terrible odor. We finally took the hit and ordered a new Scandvik Sink-Shower head with the metal flex hose (and water saver valve). As you mentioned it was definately "boat bucks" to replace but the metal hose slides in easy and it's nice having the dual spray options. Scandvik does not sell direct or West Marine/Port Supply. The Scandvik website will let you create an order and then send it to their vendors who will email a quote. We purchased ours through Fawcett in Annapolis.

MB
Mike & Linda
S/V II the Max
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Does the shower head fit into the cradle for hands-free showering?
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
Ed Ellis
admiral
admiral

Post by Ed Ellis »

I've used Scandvik products and believe it or not, their surfaces are subject to corrosion in salty air. To prevent it, periodically wipe the fixtures off with a product called "Corrosion X" -- it's great stuff. It will keep the facets looking new for years. Otherwise, they look like crap in about 4-5 years. Ed
Ed & Linda Ellis
Tranquility
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Check with Scandvik again, I just bought a new faucet from them direct. Check the US website at:

http://www.scandvik.com/

1-800-535-6009

and you will see they are in Vero, FL about 45 minutes south of me in Melbourne, FL. The only thing may be that they claim to sell only parts from Vero but I am pretty sure I bought the assembly as a "replacement part".

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Leadfree
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Leadfree »

Hi guys. Which model had the multiple spray options and did that model have a shut off? The web site doesn't give any info on each model.
Thanks, Sharon of Lead Free Too
maxicrom
admiral
admiral

Post by maxicrom »

The parts that I purchased were: From my order from Fawcetts

Sink/Shower handle (white) with the water saver shut off: SCN 10777
5' Chrome\brass Flex hose: SCN 10271

I originally found them in the Scanvik replacement parts section using the Shopping Cart function which is pretty clunky and then received a quote from Fawcetts in Annapolis.

Maxi
Mike & Linda
S/V II the Max