Honda EU2000i Generator Connection

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
phild
skipper
skipper

Honda EU2000i Generator Connection

Post by phild »

Is there a cable that allows you to connect a single eu2000i generator to the 30amp shore power receptacle using the shore power cable? I can't seem to find one on the internet! All thoughts appreciated!
Phil and Mary DiDomenico
s/v Arabella

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging sails. There are faraway places and the everchanging light, and the silence, and a great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Mate
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Re: Honda EU2000i Generator Connection

Post by SecondWind »

Phil,

A MARINCO 83A adapter will do the trick. It is a male 110v, standard three prong, with a female Marine 30A connector. I use a heavy duty A/C Cord into the Honda (Standard 3 prong/110v) and put the adapter on the shore power fitting. It will also work by plugging the adapter into the Honda and running your shore power cord into the marine end of the adapter. West Marine Stocks them.

I also have a second connector with a female 110v standard 3 prong with a male marine 30A connector.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... assNum=311
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
phild
skipper
skipper

Post by phild »

Terry,
I appreciate the information! One question - I was wondering whether or not the the 15 amp is adequate given you are connecting to a 20 amp receptacle?
Phil and Mary DiDomenico
s/v Arabella

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging sails. There are faraway places and the everchanging light, and the silence, and a great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Mate
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Post by SecondWind »

Phil,

My Connector says that it is rated for 30A. Your Honda will only put out about 13A. I think you'll be safe, unless you jumper two Hondas together. Even then your Shore power should be rated for 30A.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind