Surveyor recommendations Florida west coast

Information for first time users - registration, posting pictures, testing, suggestions, etc.
windrush
1st mate
1st mate

Surveyor recommendations Florida west coast

Post by windrush »

After following this forum for so many years, it seems we may be owning our own PDQ very soon! If the negotiations go well we'll be needing a surveyor before the purchase is finalized. At the moment the boat is on the west coast of Florida and I'm hoping for some advice or recommendations on a surveyor to hire. Thanks in advance.

Bruce & Val Marshall
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Re: Surveyor recommendations Florida west coast

Post by SecondWind »

Your best bet is to look at the Boat US website and pick a surveyor from that list.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Post by MagicDragon »

You might also consider calling your insurance company and asking them to recommend a marine surveyor. We were very happy with the fellow that SAFECO insurance sent over after our lightning strike. There are also two different organizations that surveyors belong to, but can't recall them at moment, and we are vacation so I can't check. Will post that info later.
http://www.MagicDragonPDQ.com
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH
windrush
1st mate
1st mate

Post by windrush »

Thanks for your input. The boatUS website was where we went to start our search and ended up choosing Adrian Volney after several recommendations. All the best....

Bruce
Bargain Bill
skipper
skipper

Post by Bargain Bill »

Hi Bruce,
How did you make out? Did you get a surveyor and conclude a purchase? We just bought a PDQ on the Gulf Coast and the surveyor saved us much more than his fee.

Bill Carlson
Easy Riders MV34 #029
Bill & Fran Carlson
Easy Riders MV34 #029
Ocean City, MD
windrush
1st mate
1st mate

Post by windrush »

Hi Bill.

We've done very well I believe. The surveyor gave "The Cat's Aweigh" a very clean bill of health, we had an exciting sea trial, and now finally the closing is tomorrow. Rick and Pam Kilmer and their broker Gary (Sarasota Yachts), have made this an almost painless experience and I can't thank them enough. Thanks to Sam too for all his advice and enthusiasm. Val and I don't actually retire till next summer, but we can't wait to sail away. Hope to see you some time. All the best....

Bruce