Flushing the anchor locker, yes or no?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Flushing the anchor locker, yes or no?

Post by Ross Bowling »

I have not had the guts to stick a hose down the inlet to the anchor locker from the foredeck and wash the chain and line off. Am I missing the boat? I have been leary of pumping water into the salon ;-). I have enough water issues. What is the right thing to do?
Ross Bowling
jbrad
skipper
skipper

Re: Flushing the anchor locker, yes or no?

Post by jbrad »

Ross,

We have been flushing the anchor/rode locker on Mr Busy for five years and have never had a leak.

Jimmy Bradley
MV 059
MR Busy
MR BUSY
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

Thanks, heading for the hose right now!
Ross Bowling
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Hi Ross, if you are really wanting to clean things, you might want to pull your anchor line on the dock and clean the line as well. I have yet to clean my anchor locker but we most always use the fresh water washdown to clean things off when pulling anchor. I have not noticed any dirt coming out when using my line but I am sure it could use a scrubbing. Can't you get some access thru the panel behind the cushion at the dinette?
Regards, Sandy MV MISHIGAS Hull 68
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

Sandy-

Yes I can gain access from the salon, and yes I need to have a good look. I rarely anchor and was just not versed on the washdown. I have pulled the line completely out and inserted markers on the line to know how much we have let out. I have served as Committee Boat for my YC 3 times this year and that is almost the sum total of anchorings. Here on SF Bay we have so many Yacht Clubs that offer berthing that we most often get a slip. It has been two years since we met in ANNAPOLIS, how time flys.

Thanks for the info and if you make it to the West Coast, please give us a call.

Ross
Ross Bowling