New owner of Pacifica

Information for first time users - registration, posting pictures, testing, suggestions, etc.
agk
deckhand
deckhand

New owner of Pacifica

Post by agk »

Hi everyone,

I am a new proud owner of a 1998 PDQ 36/39 Mark III Pacifica, which I was lucky to purchase from David Kane - the author of great sailing blog: http://www.ecosailingcharters.com/ and the inventor of hull extensions for PDQ 36: http://pdq36.blogspot.com/2008/10/want- ... r-pdq.html
My new baby is currently on hard in Stuart, FL and I am in Denver, CO preparing for a lifestyle change - moving permanently on my new boat. This effort involves plenty of fun activities, such as selling my house, getting rid of non-seaworthy belongings, - you know... My plan is to move to the boat in the 3rd week of January. David was so kind to offer his mentoring for several days to help me get comfortable with the boat - he will have to fly over to Florida from Belize for that! Shortly after, hopefully early February, I will start my new adventurous life sailing slowly to Bahamas, then all the way to the Windward islands, with destination on Grenada, where I am planning to spend the hurricane season. Anyone planning similar activities? I would love to meet you there!
I am 59, originally from Moscow, Russia (any Russians on this forum?). I lived in Denver, CO since 1994. Two months ago my employer decided to pay me for not going to work any more and I accepted that as a sign from above. The rest is history.

Alex Kamensky
s/v Pacifica
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Re: New owner of Pacifica

Post by SecondWind »

Welcome aboard.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Re: New owner of Pacifica

Post by mikeandrebecca »

Welcome Alex. My wife and I are pretty new PDQ owners ourselves. We had, in fact, spoken briefly with David about purchasing Pacifica ourselves but our timeline and the fact that the boat was located in Florida prevented us from doing so. It really does look to be a beautiful and well-equipped boat though. Good luck!