transmission oil cooler?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

transmission oil cooler?

Post by duetto »

hi all,

does anyone know the source pdq used for the trans oil coolers?
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Re: transmission oil cooler?

Post by jgonnerman »

The brand is Bowman. They have a web site and a "stockist" in FL. I learned all this because my connecting tubing wasted away from the water being stagnant. Actually patched them up with marine tex but went ahead and had new tubes made locally. Fabricator couldn't quite reproduce the same radius bends and now it appears there may be some increased stress on the neoprene connectors. I purchased a spare set just in case. As to who made the original connecting tubes could solve that mystery. Hope this helps
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

john,

thanks for the info. by chance do you have a part number?
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Post by jgonnerman »

Not at the moment its on my boat however go to the ejbowman web site and look for the DC Oil Cooler Section. The brochure shows all the parts. I got my connectors from the FL distributor. Out of curiosity what's causing your need for this info?
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi john,

we've got 2700+ hrs on boat. we go to bahamas all winter, so i would rather err on the side of caution as opposed to mixing atf and saltwater.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
DickTuschick
skipper
skipper

Post by DickTuschick »

Hi John,
Just saw you roost on this subject. All the oil coolers were supplied with the engines by Yanmar of Canada. Since the original supplier is no longer in business it is hard to say if they were unique or not. I suspect that it was just a standard yanmar part but one that certainly can be sourced elsewhere.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi dick,

thanks for the reply. after getting into the engine compartment, i found that the rubber boots on the cooler have "bowman" on them, so i assume they are bowman coolers. i'm sending pictures with dimensions to bowman to see if they are bowman coolers. i'll post what they say.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Nirwana
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Nirwana »

Hi Everyone,

I need to replace the rubber boots on my engines transmission cooler. I have the 100 hp engines. Did anyone determine the part number for the boot? There are a couple listed on the EJBowman website.

Also, for your information, the local dealer listed on the website is now Tradewinds Power out of Miami. tradewindspower.com. I haven't contacted them yet, waiting to see if anyone knows the part number.

Tom Reese
"Nirwana"
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi,

they are part# 3367np fig "C" in their catalog. the coolers are dc60. i used perkins power out of jacksonville, fl pete (prichmond@perkinspower.com). they were very good.

before you order, i would measure the ss tubing diameter just to be sure.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23