Insurance

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Insurance

Post by SecondWind »

Our carrier in Florida (St. Paul/Travelers) is dropping all coverage for boats over 10 years old, over $100,000 in value, or located in Florida. Since we live here year round, with the boat in our backyard, relocating it is not practical.

Who is writing marine policies in Florida? Since we have a mortgage on the boat, we are required to carry insurance. We also cruise the Bahamas occasionally, and need an available rider for that navigation area.

We have tried: State Farm (no Bahamas Rider), Allstate (not writing in Florida), BoatUS (will not cover because of previous hurricane claim), and on and on.

PDQ should take note of this also, because if Florida boaters cannot get insurance, they will not be buying PDQ's fine vessels.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
NavyA4
deckhand
deckhand

Post by NavyA4 »

Apparently there are many variables that these companies have to consider with regards to Florida, but try an agent that I used to insure an PDQ34 recently: Kimberly Cavallaro, Marsh Insurance, 888-388-1700
Steve & Hedy Fagan
M/V Volare
Hull #100
Bob
admiral
admiral

Post by Bob »

I would like to know who finally writes your policy. While I'm not in FL I have the dubious honor of loosing my PDQ at sea and am looking to purchase a replacement but have not been able to get a quote.
Bob Johnson
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Re-Insurance

Post by SecondWind »

We finally have Insurance. State Farm wrote the policy. The downside is that we have very limited Bahamas coverage at this time. The upside is that it was relatively inexpensive.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
Aquila 32/31
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Re-Insurance

Post by Aquila 32/31 »

SecondWind wrote:The upside is that it was relatively inexpensive.
Could you give an indication of 'relatively inexpensive'? Just a ballpark will be fine.
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

State Farm

Post by SecondWind »

Our Insurance with agreed value of 145K is now $1632 per year.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind