Anti Fouling on my running Gear...

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Anti Fouling on my running Gear...

Post by Mishigas »

I just wanted to report on a product that I used last season that worked well for me. PropSpeed is the name (I have no connection) and I applied this product to my Rudders and Props last spring and I just pulled the boat with very good results for the Chesapeake Bay. I had only a few small barnacles up high near a rudder shaft and that was it! Normally in these waters barnacles can be a real problem. I have heard mixed results about these anti fouling products but in my case this season, it worked quite well. It leaves a slick, rubbery feel to the metal surfaces of your gear, it is a bit of a chore to apply but worth the effort IMHO. Just thought my fellow PDQ owners would like to know. Regards, Sandy Kramer
"MISHIGAS" MV34-68
Phenix-former-owner
Site Admin

Post by Phenix-former-owner »

Here is the link to the product you are talking about:

Link: http://www.propspeed.com

Did you have to use their PropPrep and EtchPrimer product before you applied the ClearCoat?
--
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Yes Phenix, You need to apply those products after you sand the props and rudders. This helps the product to bond with the metal. I will not do this every year but will see how it holds up on year two as it looks like most of the product is still intact. I also think Pettit or one of the other major anti fouling manufacturers have a similar product out now. Regards, Sandy Kramer MISHIGAS MV-3468