Boatyard/Marina Recommendation in Jacksonville

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
bobn6jun
deckhand
deckhand

Boatyard/Marina Recommendation in Jacksonville

Post by bobn6jun »

(Letter I sent to this establishment, and highly recommend :D )

Feb. 19, 2008

Brooks Busey
Sadler Point Marina
4669 Roosevelt Court
Jacksonville, FL 32210

Brooks,

During our ICW cruise from Maine to the Keys our boat, Priority Won, a PDQ 34 MV power cat, was in need of some work and service, requiring a haul out. Fortunately for us we found your marina and yard, strictly by chance. We were in your marina and yard during last month of 2007 and January of 2008. Fortunate because the service, treatment, and expertise, both in the marina and in the yard were first class. You and your entire staff were polite, efficient, and thorough in all the services provided by your establishment.

In addition to this you went out of your way to find us berthing for the time we had to go back to California. With our 17’ beam I know this was at least an inconvenience to your staff, and at most a real difficulty for your marina and haul out facility, since we had to stay in your “work” slip for most of the time we were there. Even with that, your yard personnel were always courteous and helpful whenever we asked.

The yard services you provided were done well and promptly, with consistent communication whenever questions arose, and professional advice where required or asked. I could not be more satisfied with both your work, and your service. I do not hesitate in recommending your business to anyone requiring boat/yacht repairs and services.

As all boaters know, being in the yard is not the most pleasant part of boating. If all boatyards were like yours this necessary step in our hobby and lifestyle would be far less laborious when these services are required.

Sincerely,

Bob Harris
M/V Priority Won

PS I will also post this letter on the PDQ Owner’s websight.
Bob
M/V Priority Won
(ex Gato Del Mar)