Insurance

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Insurance

Post by Mary & Roger »

I was looking at past posts, and saw a couple on yacht insurance. I shopped around alot, and ended up at Keenan Marine, out of New York. our PDQ 34 is a 2005, and we live on the coast of N.C. Total premium= $1718.00 We can't be south of Cumberland Ga. between 6/1-11/15. We can go, but a with larger deductable, and PRIOR notification. Roger & Mary
Mongoosemagic
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Insurance

Post by Mongoosemagic »

Check with Zurich Insurance. They have the best coverage for the lowest price. You'll have to find an agent near you.

Dale Koonce
Mongoosemagic
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Re: Insurance

Post by MagicDragon »

We just purchased 1996 LRC - hull #54 - now named Magic Dragon. Since we've had difficulties with insurance companies in past arguing over which company had responsibility (tree falls and hits car - is it auto policy or home policy?) we now insist that all policies be through the same provider and also carry umbrella for liability.

We've always liked Boat US for their insurance (I priced many policies but we had a smaller boat back then). We currently are insured through Safeco, and the annual policy was $886 for the full year. They've just cut a check to us for the damage caused when we bent a rudder post going over a submerged log in the Erie Canal.
http://www.MagicDragonPDQ.com
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH