Convection oven and microwave combination

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Convection oven and microwave combination

Post by eepstein »

For a PDQ 36 with only a stove top (see attached photo), has anyone had experience with installing an electric oven microwave combo in the cabinet under the stove top?
Attachments
Copy of 100_4510.JPG
Copy of 100_4510.JPG (112.07 KiB) Viewed 6105 times
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Re: Convection oven and microwave combination

Post by Page 83 »

The space under the stove top becomes very shallow toward the bottom. Many of us have microwaves at countertop level further forward, opposite the reefer.

Page 83 is all opened up right now while I do some remodeling. She is in Edgewater just south of Annapolis, so if you would like a peek under the skirts (so to speak) give me a call at (410) 956-2331. You will be able to see the quality of construction Simon and crew invested in these boats. This will give you a good idea of how effectively most of the interior space is used.
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Have you found a suitable convection oven to fit?

You might consider installing a Force 10 oven in place of your stove. We all have the same dimensions on the outboard side of the galley and the same cabinet/fiberglass mold arrangement, and a Force 10 will fit by removing the cabinet below the stove. I can provide a picture of how the Force 10 looks in our space if you need.
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

We found a great commercial caterer's portable convection oven that we have temporarily in the aft storage room. It runs off of the generator (Honda 2000i) and is perfect for anything from a small ham to baking cakes. Bonnie tested it with cookies and it did great. She can do 3 dozen at once.

I was thinking of building it into either the opening under the stove, or into an enlarged opening, with a stainless steel sleeve, in the opening where life jackets are stored, just to the port of the entrance way.

Its one of our winter projects. Once its done we'll send you some photos and specifications.

I'll keep you posted.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD