Bow Pulpit Seats

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
phild
skipper
skipper

Bow Pulpit Seats

Post by phild »

Has anyone added bow seats to their Capella? Seems simple enough as a DIY project. My preference would be the type that fold up for access when needed. Thoughts? Photos?

Thanks!
Phil and Mary DiDomenico
s/v Arabella

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging sails. There are faraway places and the everchanging light, and the silence, and a great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Mate
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Re: Bow Pulpit Seats

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Phil,
I have done what you are asking. I bought the components, had the rails bent by a local welder for a few bucks and a 6 pack. I used one of the existing lifeline stantion bases and then added another base to handle the other end of the new rail. Then I bought the seats from http://www.zarcor.com yo hang off the new rails. Work like a charm. They even have cup holders. Someone is always sitting on them when we are on the water. See the attached pic.

Sam
100_1648.jpg
100_1648.jpg (138.76 KiB) Viewed 6644 times
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
phild
skipper
skipper

Post by phild »

Nice work!

My bow pulpit is set up a little different - no horizontal frame for attachment - see attached photo for reference.
Attachments
Bow Pulpit.JPG
Bow Pulpit.JPG (139.71 KiB) Viewed 6618 times
Phil and Mary DiDomenico
s/v Arabella

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging sails. There are faraway places and the everchanging light, and the silence, and a great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Mate
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Call John Halter 800-877-4797 at www.zarcor.com and he can fix you up. He will just need a template or measurements.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL