Generator mounts

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Generator mounts

Post by Scottfree »

I’m pretty new to the group having just purchased Scott Free (formerly B-Side) in Sep. We have a Northern Lights M673D 5 kw generator. It has developed quite a lot of wobble when running which makes me think it is time to replace the mounts. Does anyone have experience replacing the mounts or where to find the mounts? I’ve checked everywhere online with no luck. I also checked the generator pan flanges that the mounts attach to as I saw in another post that these tabs or flanges can sometimes break off the pan. Mine all seems good.
Scott & Cathy McKinley
M/V Scott Free, Norfolk, VA
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Generator mounts

Post by Scottfree »

I finally found the mounts at Diesel Parts Direct, (dieselpartsdirect.com). Part # 33-83105. The exploded parts diagram indicates it may be possible to remove the “L” bracket that sits on the mount in order to replace the mount. I’ll follow up once complete.
Attachments
IMG_4134.PNG.jpeg
IMG_0336.jpeg
Scott & Cathy McKinley
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Scottfree »

Finally got the generator mounts installed. The picture shows how much wear occurred during the 17 years of service life that they had. The old mount is to the left in the picture, it had lost 7 mm of height. The key is to support the weight of the generator with a block and then remove the “L” bracket to get the mount out.
Attachments
image000000.jpeg
Scott & Cathy McKinley
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop
DickTuschick
admiral
admiral

Post by DickTuschick »

Scott, Great update ....good information for all of us....Thank you !
Scottfree
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Scottfree »

Thanks, Dick! You may remember you and Carol going to dinner with Cathy and me at Omar’s Carriage House when you passed by Norfolk in 2013. We finally have a PDQ!
Scott & Cathy McKinley
2006 PDQ 34, hull # 102
100hp, 4 blade prop