Shower Handle valve

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Shower Handle valve

Post by AMCarter3 »

Has anyone replaced the shower handle valve? Mine starting leaking. I'm having a hard time removing it. I suspect it is NOT a major brand model and probably cannot be fixed. Is the brass "T-fitting" on the opposite side of the shower wall separate from the shower handle valve? This caught me off guard - we were scheduled to start a 3-day shakedown cruise on this coming Saturday. I think this is going to delay that. Any suggestions on a replacement or how to repair it would be greatly appreciated.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Re: Shower Handle valve

Post by AlanH »

Mac,

Ours is a Shurflo. On the back of it there is a tag with a number but I tried looking it up with no success. It said Made In China GB 20030513. The brass fixture on the back of the valve is a part of the valve.

Alan

tempImageYHXOVy.gif
tempImageNaWJQI.gif
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Thanks, Alan! I finally extracted it from the wall - took about 6 hours. I had to destroy a piece of the chrome cover behind the handle to get to the the shaft that went through the wall. Then it took hours to slowly gouge out chunks of rubberized caulk inside the wall. Once the caulk was gone, I had to use a pipe wrench to unscrew the chrome cone just behind the handle stub.

Mine seems identical except the number is different. My search for a replacement has started. If anyone has a clue as to where to find this, please chime in...
Attachments
IMG_4175.jpg
Mac Carter
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Found a solution... Ambassador Handle Shower Mixer #135-0132-CP <https://ambassadorfaucets.com/135-0132- ... 35-0132-CP>. The replacement is a current shower mixer design - much easier to install and more reliable than the old model used on our PDQ's. This is the second time in a year that Ambassador.com has had a plumbing solution for me that I could not find anywhere else. And their customer service is outstanding - knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I should receive it next week and should have it installed by Friday.
Attachments
Stasis- 1 Handle Shower Mixer 4.jpg
Stasis 1 Handle Shower Mixer 1.jpg
Mac Carter
deising
admiral
admiral

Post by deising »

Thank you for sharing that info, Mac.